Cole Butcher of Hantsport, N.S., picked up his third victory of the Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour season Saturday by winning the Lucas Oil 150 at Riverside International Speedway in James River, N.S.
Championship contenders Dylan Blenkhorn of Truro, N.S., and Jonathan Hicken of Brudenell started the race mid-pack but rallied to finish second and third, respectively. Saturday’s result unofficially has Blenkhorn with a 22-point advantage over Hicken heading into the season finale Atlantic Oliver Tire 200 set for Sept. 28 at Scotia Speedworld.
Cornwall’s Dylan Gosbee finished fourth while Austin MacDonald of Pictou, N.S., finished fifth in his tour debut.
Hicken, Waylon Farrell of Conception Bay South, N.L., MacDonald and Shawn Turple of Enfield, N.S., won their qualifiers.
• Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour standings
Results from Saturday’s Lucas Oil 150 at Riverside International Speedway in James River, N.S. It was Race 11 of the 12-race Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour season.
Driver Laps Hometown
1. Cole Butcher 150 Porter's Lake, N.S.
2. Dylan Blenkhorn 150 Truro, N.S.
3. Jonathan Hicken 150 Brudenell.
4. Dylan Gosbee 150 Cornwall.
5. Austin MacDonald 150 Pictou, N.S.
6. Chris Reid 150 Fort MacMurray, Alta.
7. Russell Smith Jr. 150 Lakeside, N.S.
8. Donald Chisholm 150 Antigonish, N.S.
9. Nicholas Naugle 150 Dartmouth, N.S.
10. Chris Hughes 150 Brackley Beach.
11. Terry Dougay 150 Albany.
12. Jarrett Butcher 150 Porter's Lake, N.S.
13. Shawn Pierce 149 Blockhouse, N.S.
14. Nevin Scott 149 Clyde River.
15. Kent Vincent 148 Crapaud.
16. Allison McKinnon 148 Oyster Bed Bridge.
17. Craig Ward 146 Riverview, N.B.
18. Shawn Turple 136 Enfield, N.S.
19. Marty Prevost 136 Fall River, N.S.
20. Greg Proude 122 Springvale.
21. Waylon Farrell 85 Conception Bay South, N.L.
22. George Koszkulics 56 New Glasgow, N.S.
23. Josh Collins 23 Placentia, N.L.
24. Craig Slaunwhite 11 Terence Bay, N.S.
25. Lonnie Sommerville 11 Barnesville, N.B.
Margin of victory – 0.859.
Number of vautions – 6.
Lead vhanges – 10.
Atlantic Tiltload heat winners – Waylon Farrell, Austin MacDonald, Shawn Turple and Jonathan Hicken.
Most laps led – Chris Reid.
Kenny U-Pull Elmsdale hard charger – Russell Smith Jr.
Exide Batteries rookie of the race – Austin MacDonald.