Sidewalk and Curbing work is scheduled to take place in the following areas (for the week of Sept. 28 to Oct. 2):
- Arcona Drive between Pope and Messer avenues;
- Messer Avenue between Arcona and Yorkshire drives;
- Beach Grove Road between Kirkcaldy Drive and Maypoint Road;
- Chestnut Street between University Avenue and Queen Street.
Street paving/milling work is expected to occur in the following locations on Wednesday (Sept. 30):
- Weymouth Street between Grafton and Sydney streets will be closed for the day;
- Richmond Street between West and Rochford streets as well as between Pownal and Queen streets will be closed for the day.
Street line painting will occur on Prince Street between Euston and Kent streets between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m. Single lane closures may occur, however traffic control personnel will be on site to maintain traffic flow.
Sunset Drive between Hope Drive and Maplewood Crescent, will be closed for the day to allow the water and sewer utility to repair a service leak.
Malpeque Road between Melody and Patrie lanes, will be reduced to one lane alternating traffic beginning at 7 a.m. to allow the water and sewer utility to install services.
Work will be taking place on Beach Grove Road from the corner of Maypoint Road towards the Beach Grove Home. Traffic may be reduced to one lane alternating throughout the day. These delays are necessary for the construction of the active pathway along Beach Grove Road that will connect to a trail near the Beach Grove Home. This work is expected to be ongoing for the next several weeks.
UPEI road extension work will be taking place for the week Sept. 28 to Oct. 2. This work consists of the expansion of the University Avenue and Enman Crescent (south) intersection, including the widening of the roadway and work on the median. Only minor traffic delays are expected and traffic control personnel will be on site. Pedestrians are advised to use the sidewalk on the UPEI side of University Avenue as heavy equipment will be on the opposite side of the road relocating the sidewalk.