The emergency department and the Collaborative Emergency Centre at Western Hospital in Alberton will be closed Monday, Aug. 19, at 8 a.m. to Tuesday, Aug. 20, at 8 a.m. due to a temporary lack of physician coverage.
The emergency department will re-open Tuesday, Aug. 20, at 8 a.m.
Anyone with emergency medical needs should call 911 or seek emergency services at the Prince County Hospital when:
- experiencing discomfort or tightness in the chest
- experiencing unusual shortness of breath
- experiencing abdominal pain
- experiencing prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness
- an injury may require stitches or involve a broken bone
- a child has prolonged diarrhea or vomiting
- a baby under six months of age has a fever of 38°C (100.4°F) or higher