The Collaborative Emergency Centre at Western Hospital will be closed the evening of July 1 due to a temporary lack of registered nurse coverage.
Anyone with emergency medical needs should call 911 or seek emergency services when:
· experiencing discomfort or tightness in the chest;
· experiencing unusual shortness of breath;
· experiencing abdominal pain;
· experiencing prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness;
· an injury may require stitches or involve a broken bone;
· a child has prolonged diarrhea or vomiting; or
· a baby under six months of age has a fever of 38°C (100.4°F) or higher.
If you have any health concerns or need immediate health information, call 811 to speak to an experienced registered nurse for advice on the best course of action.