Some smoky gardens caused concern at an uptown coffee shop Wednesday morning.
All of Charlottetown's firefighters were working at a fire on Harley Street so it was members of the North River Fire and Rescue who showed up at the Starbucks drive through to see what was the matter.
Mulch was smoldering between the drive-through lane and the sidewalk.
"We poured about ten gallons of water on it, soaked down the rest of the beds, and went back to Station 1," said North River Fire Chief Anson Grant.
Grant and his crew offered mutual aid to Charlottetown's stations until noon on Wednesday.