Challenges and successes for new Canadians
Focus on opening doors drives immigration aid groups
Immigration Program "a model that could be extended to … the country"
'If this region is going to survive and prosper, immigration is ...
McNEISH: 'We are now a global community'
Younger doctors exhausted by new practice demands
Fighting to find a family doctor: ‘The whole process is undignified.’
What we learned, what you said about doctor shortage in Atlantic Canada
Challenges, solutions to Atlantic Canada's doctor shortage
Family doctor shortage a threat to health care
CHARLOTTETOWN, P.E.I. – Referendum P.E.I. will hold information sessions over the upcoming week across the Island.
These sessions are to provide information about the Island’s current electoral system, first-past-the-post (FPTP), the proposed proportional representation system, mixed member proportional (MMP) and the rules pertaining to the referendum along with answering any questions to further clarify understanding of the referendum or these electoral systems.
- Jan. 17, 6:30 p.m. - Ellerslie Elementary School, 1226 Ellerslie Rd., Ellerslie
- Jan. 21, 6:30 p.m. - Morell Regional High School, 100 Little Flower Ave., Morell (*postponed until March 4, 6:30 p.m.)
- Jan. 22, 6:30 p.m. - Montague Regional High School, 274 Valleyfield Rd., Montague
- Jan. 24, 6:30 p.m. - Westisle Composite High School, 39570 Western Rd., Elmsdale
- Jan. 28, 6:30 p.m. - Souris Regional School, 15 Longworth St., Souris
- Jan. 29, 6:30 p.m. - MacKinnon Lecture Theatre at Holland College Prince of Wales Campus, 140 Weymouth St., Charlottetown
- Jan. 31, 6:30 p.m. - Kinkora Regional High, 54 Anderson Rd., Kinkora
- Feb. 4, 6:30 p.m. - Kensington Intermediate Senior High, 19 Victoria St, E, Kensington
- Feb. 7, 6:30 p.m. - Three Oaks Senior High, 10 Kenmoore Ave., Summerside
- Feb. 11, 6:30 p.m. - Central Queens School, 19821 Route 2, Hunter River
- Feb. 12, 6:30 p.m. -Stratford Town Hall - Southport Room, 234 Shakespeare Dr., Stratford
- Feb. 21, 6:30 p.m. - Belfast Recreation Centre, 3033 Garfield Rd, Belfast
- Feb. 25, 6:30 p.m. - Cornwall Civic Centre, 29 Cornwall Rd., Cornwall
- Feb. 26, 6:30 p.m. - North Shore Community Centre, West Covehead Rd., York
- Feb. 28, 6:30 p.m. - École Évangéline, 1596 Route 124, Wellington (access to French/English interpretation will be available at this session).