Weather – Chance of rain, flurries
It will be mainly cloudy across P.E.I. today with a 60 per cent chance of rain showers or flurries early this morning. Wind will gust to 40 km/h this afternoon with a high of 4 C.
More clouds tonight with periods of rain beginning this evening, amounting to 10 to 15 mm. Wind will gust to 50 km/h and the temperature is expected to rise to 7 C by morning.
The SaltWire Network weather desk indicates the slow-moving, low-pressure system that brought rain to the Maritime provinces last night will spend most of the day just off the Avalon.
There is a lot of wind and rain close to the centre of the low: rainfall warnings are in place for the Avalon with wind warnings in effect for the Bonavista Peninsula.
Cold air draining down into the top of the system is producing snow over central regions of the Island.
Snowfall totals will range from 15 to 25 centimetres, with some of the higher totals expected in the Gander area.
Meanwhile, after enjoying a little break, rain returns to the Maritime provinces late Friday.
A brief warm-up will be followed by a strong west wind and onshore snow on Saturday.
For weather updates throughout the day, check in with SaltWire Network’s chief meteorologist Cindy Day by visiting Weather by Day.
- Culvert work is taking place on Sherwood Road between Lower Malpeque and Malpeque roads (Route 2), resulting in temporary delays. Traffic control personnel will be on site.
- Work on the traffic signal upgrade project will continue for the week of Nov. 18-22 at the intersections of Kent and Prince streets, Kent and Great George streets and Euston Street, Pownal Street and Spring Park Road. At times, traffic in these areas will be reduced to one lane. Traffic control personnel will be on site. Drivers are reminded that when approaching an intersection where the traffic lights are off, it is to be treated as a 4-way stop. Pedestrian crossing signals and advance arrows are also being installed at these intersections as part of the upgrades.
- For the week of Nov. 18-22, brickwork is taking place on Queen Street between Water and Richmond streets resulting in some closures on the sidewalk. Half of the sidewalk in this section will be restricted.
Confederation Bridge – Traffic running smoothly
- The Confederation Bridge is currently open to all traffic.
For updates, visit confederationbridge.com.
Northumberland Ferries Limited – Schedule for Nov. 4-30
- Departures from Wood Islands: 6:30 a.m., 11:15 a.m., 2:45 p.m., 6:15 p.m.
- Departures from Caribou: 9:30 a.m., 1 p.m., 4:30 p.m., 8 p.m.
For more information, visit Ferries.ca.
Charlottetown Airport schedule
- Flights are on schedule at the Charlottetown Airport.
For updates, visit flypei.com.