Weather – Sunny with clouds today; rain this weekend
It will be sunny with clouds across the Island today with a high of -3 C. With the wind chill, it will feel like -14 C this morning and -8 C this afternoon. The UV index is 1, or low.
A few clouds expected this evening with a 30 per cent chance of flurries overnight. Temperature rising to zero by morning, but with wind chill it will feel like -9 C.
Special weather statement
- Rain and strong winds for this weekend.
- Total Rainfall: 20 to 30 mm.
- Maximum wind gusts: 60 to 90 km/h.
- Locations: Prince Edward Island and Iles-de-la-Madeleine.
- Time frame: Saturday morning through Saturday night.
- Remarks: Rain will spread across the region during the day Saturday and become heavy, at times. Strong southerly winds and mild temperatures will lead to significant snow melt and run off. The rain is expected to taper to showers early Sunday.
The SaltWire Network provides weather updates throughout the day. Check in with chief meteorologist Cindy Day by visiting Weather by Day.
Traffic advisory: Lane Closure on Brighton Road
Brighton Road between Century Terrace and Greenfield Avenue will be reduced to one lane of alternating on Friday, Dec. 13 between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m.
This lane closure is necessary for work required to change the intersection of North River Road and Brighton Road into a three-way stop.
The new three-way stop at this intersection will help alleviate traffic delays during peak hours, improve safety for all users, and discourage drivers from using residential streets as a throughway.
Signage will also be installed on Brighton Road leading up to the new stop signs to alert drivers of the new three-way stop.
Public works and police services will be monitoring this area during the transition to ensure motorists are abiding by the new stop signs.
Confederation Bridge – Traffic running smoothly
The Confederation Bridge is currently open to all traffic.
For updates, visit confederationbridge.com.
Northumberland Ferries Limited – Schedule for Dec. 1-20
- Departures from Wood Islands: 8 a.m., 11:15 a.m., 4:30 p.m.
- Departures from Caribou: 9:30 a.m., 1 p.m., 6:15 p.m.
For more information, visit Ferries.ca.
Flights are on schedule at the Charlottetown Airport.
For updates, visit flypei.com.