Top News

Overheated extension cord deemed cause of fire at Charlottetown tattoo business

A fire at a local tattoo studio Thursday morning has sent one person to hospital with minor injuries.
A fire at a Charlottetown tattoo studio on April 2 has was caused by an overheated extension cord, the fire inspector says. - Katie Smith
CHARLOTTETOWN, P.E.I. —

A fire that damaged a Charlottetown tattoo business on April 2 has been deemed accidental.

Fire inspector Winston Bryan said Tuesday that he has determined a cause of a fire that occurred at the Extreme Ink Tattoo Studio on Kensington Road.

“The cause of the fire that occurred within the property . . . has been deemed electrical, caused by the overheating of the electrical extension cord located within the tattoo studio,’’ Bryan said.

The Charlottetown Fire Department responded to a 911 call on April 2 at 6:30 a.m. with about 25 firefighters.

When first responders arrived smoke and fire was visible. Power was cut by Maritime Electric to the strip mall where the business is located.

While the other businesses in the strip mall sustained some smoke damage, the strip mall did reopen later on the same day.

RELATED:

Did this story inform or enhance your perspective on this subject?
1 being least likely, and 10 being most likely

Recent Stories