Top News

Canadian Red Cross assists Charlottetown families displaced by fire

Canadian Red Cross logo
Canadian Red Cross logo - Contributed
CHARLOTTETOWN, P.E.I. —

Thanks to volunteers of the Canadian Red Cross, eight people in Charlottetown were provided emergency assistance after their homes burned on Saturday.

A fire displaced a couple and two teenaged sons shortly after midnight that damaged a bungalow on Thistle Drive. The parents and one son went to the hospital to be checked for smoke inhalation and then were released. The other son wasn't home at the time.

Another couple in Charlottetown and their two teenage daughters were displaced on Saturday afternoon when a fire spread from an attached shed to their bungalow on MacRae Drive. There were no injuries.

The Canadian Red Cross provided lodging, food, and clothing purchases for the two families.

Recent Stories