- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Ready in: 20 minutes
- Difficulty Level: Easy
Serve these tender potato and squash dumplings as part of your holiday spread in lieu of mashed potatoes – just be sure to double the recipe if you’re feeding a large crowd. Arugula adds a slight bitterness to the dish that complements the sweetness of the squash, but you can use baby spinach for a milder flavour.
Per serving: 260 calories, fat 14 g (Saturated 6 g), sodium 420 mg, carbohydrate 30 g, fibre 1 g, sugars 6 g, protein 6 g
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) unsalted walnuts, chopped
- Pinch (0.5 mL) hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pkg (350 g) PC Gnocchi with Butternut Squash Potato Dumplings
- 2 cups (500 mL) lightly packed PC Organics Baby Arugula
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated lemon zest
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add walnuts and hot pepper flakes (if using); cook, stirring often, until butter is fragrant and slightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer with slotted spoon to small bowl. Set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp butter and 3/4 cup water to same skillet; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add gnocchi. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add arugula and milk; cook, stirring often, until arugula is wilted and sauce is thickened,about 30 seconds. Stir in lemon zest and half of walnut mixture. Transfer to serving dish. Top with remaining walnut mixture.
Chef’s Tip: This dish also makes a quick and easy weeknight meal for two – simply serve with a side salad or steamed vegetables and crusty bread.