Have you heard about the SaltWire News app?
Mixed feelings as COVID clip snowbirds wings
Daily fall forecasts and weather facts from Cindy Day
SaltWire's cartoonists bring heart and humour to the news.
SaltWire Selects: Stories you don't want to miss
What you need to know about COVID-19: October 20, 2020
With more time spent at home and more time on our hands, many of us are taking on DIY projects.
A popular one is creating a gallery wall to display memories , says Gianmarco Bernaudo from Fujifilm Canada, who recommends these five tips for making a flawless gallery wall at home:
• Pick a space: An important first planning step is identifying the square footage you have to work with. Think about the corners and spaces that are often overlooked, as these can make great places to display photos.
• Work with a theme: To make your wall more esthetically pleasing, identify elements you want to consistently show, such as colour schemes or subjects such as travel or family photos to tell a story.
• Select and print: Once your space and theme are selected, it’s time to start printing. Consider the medium you want to use, such as standard prints in frames or on canvas. Finally, look for user-friendly printing services such as Fujifilm Printlife, which allows you to order prints from the comfort of home.
• Map your arrangement: Before you start putting holes in your wall, test your design on the floor to pick the best layout. You can use tape or the printed photos to trial.
• Add non-photo elements: Consider adding whimsical items like a clock, baby shoe or succulent planter to create a more eclectic vibe, or pay tribute to a treasured memory with a sentimental item, such as dried flowers from your wedding.
Find more tips on photo printing and creating gallery walls at fujifilmprintlife.ca
— News Canada
Copyright Postmedia Network Inc., 2020