Turple took the lead from Cornwall’s Dylan Gosbee on the last lap in front of a capacity crowd at the River Glade, N.B., track. Dylan Blenkhorn (Truro, N.S.) completed the podium after edging by Brudenell’s Jonathan Hicken. Springvale’s Greg Proude rounded out the top five at the Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour stop.
Turple, Blenkhorn, Craig Slaunwhite and George Koszkulics took the top spots in their respective Atlantic Tiltload qualifying heat races. Slaunwhite took home the Linde most laps led award with 57.
The tour heads to Riverside International Speedway for the first time this season on Saturday. The Ron MacGillivray Chev Buick GMC 150 will open the season for the track located in James River, N.S., just outside of Antigonish.
Results from Saturday’s Parts For Trucks 150 at Petty International Speedway in River Glade, N.B. It was the second stop of the Parts For Trucks Pro Stock Tour.
1. Shawn Turple 151 Enfield, N.S.
2. Dylan Gosbee 151 Cornwall
3. Dylan Blenkhorn 151 Truro, N.S.
4. Jonathan Hicken 151 Brudenell
5. Greg Proude 151 Springvale
6. Kent Vincent 151 Crapaud
7. Jarrett Butcher 151 Porter's Lake, N.S.
8. Cole Butcher 151 Porter's Lake, N.S.
9. Chris Hughes 151 Brackley Beach
10. DJ Casey 151 Prospect, N.S.
11. Stevie Lively 151 Shubenacadie, N.S.
12. Darren MacKinnon 151 Charlottetown
13. Terry Dougay 151 Albany
14. Josh Collins 151 Placentia, N.L.
15. Nicholas Naugle 151 Dartmouth, N.S.
16. Harry Ross White 151 Kennetcook, N.S.
17. Devin Snell 149 Saint John, N.B.
18. Shawn Pierce 147 Blockhouse, N.S.
19. Craig Slaunwhite 144 Terence Bay, N.S.
20. Craig Ward 141 Riverview, N.B.
21. Donald Chisholm 123 Antigonish, N.S.
22. Robbie MacEwen 105 Charlottetown
23. George Koszkulics 102 New Glasgow, N.S.
24. Shannon Squires 102 Saint John, N.B.
25. Nevin Scott 84 Clyde River
26. Michael Kyle 25 Sussex, N.B.
Margin of victory – 0.441.
Number of cautions – 14.
Lead changes – 7.
Atlantic Tiltload heat winners: Shawn Turple, Dylan Blenkhorn, Craig Slaunwhite and George Koszkulics.
Linde most laps led – Craig Slaunwhite.
King Freight future winner award – Jarrett Butcher.
Exide Batteries rookie of the race – Jarrett Butcher.
Next event – Ron MacGillivray Chev Buick GMC 150 at Riverside International Speedway, Antigonish N.S., on Saturday at 6 p.m.