JAMES RIVER, N.S. – Cassius Clark made a dream reality by winning the John W. Chisholm Memorial Cup at the IWK 250 Sunday afternoon at Riverside International Speedway.
Dave O’Blenis (Boundary Creek, N.B.) came home second while NASCAR legend Kenny Wallace (St. Louis, Mo.) raced his way through the field during the final 50 laps to round out the podium. Crapaud’s Kent Vincent finished ninth as the top Islander in the race.
The IWK 250 win gives Clark, a Farmington, Me., native, the distinction of becoming the first driver to ever win all three Maritime 250-lap events, which also include the Toromont Cat 250 and the Speedway 660 Pro Stock 250.
The race was halted due to rain on lap 74 on Saturday night. The stacked field included drivers from six provinces and two states.
The Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour heads to Petty International Raceway, located just outside of Moncton, for Saturday’s Irving Oil Blending & Packaging 150.
Results from Sunday’s IWK 250 presented by Steve Lewis at Riverside International Speedway near Antigonish, N.S. It was Race 6 of the Parts For Trucks Pro Stock Tour.
Driver Laps Hometown
1. Cassius Clark 250 Farmington, Me.
2. Dave O'Blenis 250 Boundary Creek, N.B.
3. Kenny Wallace 250 St. Louis, Mo.
4. Cole Butcher 250 Porter's Lake, N.S.
5. JR Fitzpatrick 250 Cambridge, Ont.
6. Craig Slaunwhite 250 Terence Bay, N.S.
7. Braden Langille 250 Shubenacadie, N.S.
8. Nicholas Naugle 250 Dartmouth, N.S.
9. Kent Vincent 250 Crapaud
10. Dylan Gosbee 250 Cornwall
11. Darren MacKinnon 250 Charlottetown
12. Dylan Blenkhorn 249 Truro, N.S.
13. Sarah McKay 249 Quispamsis, N.B.
14. Russell Smith Jr. 248 Lakeside, N.S.
15. Chris Hughes 248 Brackley Beach
16. Shawn Turple 248 Enfield, N.S.
17. Jonathan Hicken 247 Brudenell
18. Shawn Pierce 244 Blockhouse, N.S.
19. Waylon Farrell 214 Conception Bay South, N.L.
20. Kyle Reid 201 Fort McMurray, Alta.
21. Jason Hathaway 169 Uxbridge, Ont.
22. John Flemming 158 Halifax, N.S.
23. Greg Proude 126 Springvale
24. D.J. Casey 125 Prospect, N.S.
25. Robbie MacEwen 118 Charlottetown
26. Donald Chisholm 104 Antigonish, N.S.
27. Steve Halpin 102 Saint John, N.B.
28. Jarrett Butcher 74 Porter's Lake, N.S.
29. Greg Fahey 72 St. Stephen, N.B.
30. Chris Reid 68 Fort McMurray, Alta.
31. Ashton Tucker DNQ Saint John, N.B.
32. Stephen Lively DNQ Shubenacadie, N.S.
33. Nevin Scott DNQ Clyde River
34. Terry Dougay DNQ Albany
35. Allison McKinnon DNQ Oyster Bed Bridge
36. Josh Collins DNQ Placentia, N.L.
Margin of victory – 0.834.
Number of cautions – 8.
Lead changes – 6.
Atlantic Tiltload heat winners – Greg Proude, Braden Langille, Jason Hathaway, Dylan Gosbee and Cole Butcher.
Most laps led – 13 Cassius Clark
King Freight future winner award – Braden Langille
Exide Batteries rookie of the race – Braden Langille.