A woman and three children escaped uninjured from a burning house in Slemon Park Wednesday afternoon.
A dog also escaped, but a cat died.
Firefighters responded to the fire at about noon. The home’s occupants had run to an adjacent house to call 911.
By the time firefighters arrived, the first floor of the home was fully engulfed in flames. They managed to extinguish the blaze quickly.
The structure sustained severe fire and water damage to the ground floor and extensive smoke damage to the second.
The fire started in the kitchen/dining room area, but no cause has been determined yet.
The Slemon Park Community Events Facebook page announced Wednesday afternoon that it would be providing a drop off site for items to help the family in the short-term. It was calling for donations to be delivered to the Community Room at Slemon Park Plaza on Thursday from 11 to 2 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 4 to 6 p.m.
Al full list of requested items can be found on the group’s Facebook page.