Due to a temporary shortage of nursing and physician staff, the Collaborative Emergency Centre will be closed from 8:00 p.m. until 8:00 a.m. daily, from Friday, June 30, July 1, and 2.
Anyone needing urgent medical attention must call 9-1-1 or, seek the emergency services at the Prince County Hospital in Summerside when experiencing the following symptoms:
• Experiencing discomfort or tightness in the chest
• Experiencing unusual shortness of breath
• Experiencing abdominal pain
• Experiencing prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness
• Injury that may require stitches or involve a broken bone
• Child with prolonged diarrhoea or vomiting
• A baby under six months of age has a fever of 38°C (100.4°F) or higher.
Islanders needing non-urgent care are encouraged to visit their primary care provider or a walk-in clinic (www.healthpei.ca/walkinclinics).
For those with any health concerns or in need of health information, call 8-1-1 to speak with an experienced registered nurse for information on the best course of action.