Montague, P.E.I. - The emergency department at Kings County Memorial Hospital in Montague will be closed Tuesday, Dec. 26 due to a temporary lack of physician coverage.
The emergency department will re-open Wednesday, Dec. 27 at 8 a.m.
Anyone requiring urgent medical attention must call 911 or seek emergency services at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Charlottetown if experiencing the following:
- discomfort or tightness in the chest
- unusual shortness of breath
- abdominal pain
- prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness
- an injury that may require stitches or involve a broken bone
- a child that has prolonged diarrhea or vomiting
- a baby under six months of age that has a fever of 38°C (100.4°F) or higher.
For those with non-urgent care, Health PEI suggests they visit their primary care provider or a walk-in clinic (www.healthpei.ca/walkinclinics).
Islanders can also call 811 to speak with an experienced registered nurse for any other health concerns or advice.