Top News

Family of three displaced after fire guts home in Tignish

Canadian Red Cross
Canadian Red Cross - Submitted

Tignish, P.E.I. - A young family of three have been displaced after a fire destroyed their Tignish home on Friday evening.

Disaster volunteers with the Canadian Red Cross assisted the couple and their son, aged three, with emergency purchases of clothing, food and other basics, plus a comfort toy for the toddler.

The family are staying with relatives while awaiting an assessment by insurers after the long weekend.

Luckily no one was injured during the blaze, as the family were not at their home, located at 215 Dune Road, when the fire was reported shortly after 6 p.m. on Friday.

The results of the investigation are yet to be released.

Newsroom@journalpioneer.com

 

 

Recent Stories