Another day, another storm for P.E.I.
- UPEI and Holland College have both cancelled classes for today.
- All Provincial Civil Service offices Island wide will be delayed until noon with a further announcement by 11 a.m.
-The RCMP is asking Islanders to please stay off the road.
-The Journal Pioneer office will be closed for the day.
- In light of the severe weather conditions throughout Prince Edward Island Canada Post deliveries have been postponed. Delivery will resume once conditions improve and it is safe to do so.
- Credit Union Place will delay opening Feb. 16, until 5 p.m., a further update will be issued at 4 p.m.
-All City of Summerside non-essential offices and operations are closed for the day. Essential services like police, fire and snowploughing remain operational.
- Due to inclement weather and road conditions, the following health services have been impacted:
· Primary care appointments at Montague, Kensington and Harbourside Health Centres scheduled for this morning are cancelled;
· Primary care appointments at Tyne Valley, O’Leary and Alberton Health Centres scheduled for today are cancelled;
· Patient appointments at the PEI Cancer Treatment Centre scheduled before 11:00am are cancelled;
· Patient appointments at the QEH’s Ambulatory Care Centre scheduled before 11:00am are cancelled;
· Patient appointments at the QEH Diagnostic Imaging Department scheduled before 11am are cancelled
· Elective surgeries at the QEH scheduled before 9:30am are cancelled;
· Elective surgeries and endoscopic procedures at the PCH scheduled before 11:00a are cancelled; and,
· Patient appointments at PCH’s Ambulatory Care Centre scheduled for today are cancelled;
· Patient appointments at PCH’s Hemodialysis Unit scheduled for today are cancelled; and
· All appointments at the Obstetrics-Gynecology Clinic in Charlottetown scheduled for today are cancelled.
· Some primary care appointments at Montague Health Centre scheduled for this afternoon (please call ahead to confirm);
· Primary care appointments at Kensington and Harbourside (Summerside) Health Centres schedule for today are cancelled;
· Public health dental clinic appointments in Summerside scheduled for this afternoon are cancelled;
· Public health family nutrition appointments province-wide scheduled for today are cancelled;
· Public health audiology appointments province-wide scheduled for today are cancelled;
· Public health nursing appointments province-wide scheduled for today are cancelled;
· PEI Medicare office in Montague (Douses Road) is closed to the public today: and,
· Health PEI’s office in Charlottetown (Garfield Street) is closed to the public today.
Cancelled patient appointments will be rescheduled.
For the full list of health services impacted, visit: www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/alert/impacted-health-services.
Health PEI is reminding Islanders with appointments at hospitals, clinics and other health care services to call ahead to confirm their appointment, or notify staff if they are unable to make the appointment.