SUMMERSIDE, P.E.I. - From celebrity musicians, musical theatre, comedy, to maritime favourites and international sensations, the Harbourfront stage in Summerside is ready to turn over a new leaf with a busy line-up of fall shows.
“Harbourfront is a unique venue on P.E.I. in that, while we love summer and our visitors, we also love catering to our loyal Islanders,” remarked Kieran Keller, Harbourfront Theatre’s executive director.
“Our Theatre, Your Theatre’ is our slogan for a reason. This is our community’s theatre year-round, so we definitely don’t slow down at the end of summer. We just switch gears into a new equally busy season,” he continued.
The theatre line-up boasts a diverse array of entertainment for everyone to enjoy.
On Sunday, September 30, the Jim Cuddy Trio performs. For over 35 years, Jim Cuddy has written songs that have become engrained in the soundtrack of Canadian lives.
“We’re beyond excited to have Jim Cuddy on stage this September,” announced Keller. “What a perfect end to our summer season and the beginning of our fall 2018.”
On Wednesday, Oct. 3, comedic performer and vaudevillian Tomáš Kubínek takes the stage with his show “Tomáš Kubínek—Miracle Man” billed as “a rip-roaring revival of strong-man stunts, couples-counseling, snake-healings and mass-hypnosis” that will have spectators on the edge of their seats.
The theatre’s Backstage Pass Series returns allowing the audience to experience a new perspective on the performance, with on-stage seating. The first Backstage Pass show will be on Saturday, Oct. 13, with a dynamic singer and songwriter folk duo called The Small Glories.
The second Backstage Pass performance will be Wednesday, Oct. 24 with Australian blues and roots artist and mind-blowing guitarist Lloyd Spiegel. There is very limited seating for both shows, so interested parties are recommended to reserve their tickets well in advance.
Later in the fall, Harbourfront Theatre is proud to present Jimmy Rankin on his “Moving East” tour. Rankin will be appearing on Friday, Nov. 23, and Keller warns that tickets are already going fast.
Harbourfront welcomes The Barra MacNeils on Friday, Oct. 5, The Comic Strippers on Thursday, Oct. 18, George Canyon with his “Made in Canada” tour Saturday, Nov. 3, Menopause the Musical Saturday, Nov. 10, Ron James Wednesday, Nov. 14, and so much more.
Visit Harbourfront Theatre in person or visit their website at harbourfronttheatre.com to learn more about these shows, and to keep up to date with the new shows being added.
- Sept. 20: Carroll Baker, Gospel and Hits tour with Vaughnco entertainment
- Sept. 23: Tetreault and Scarfone, presented with Debut Atlantic
- Sept. 30: Jim Cuddy Trio
- Oct. 2: Tomáš Kubínek's show called Miracle Man
- Oct. 5: Barra Macneils, On The Bright Side
- Oct. 12: Country Blend
- Oct. 13: The Small Glories, comes with a Backstage Pass
- Oct. 18: The Comic Strippers, a male stripper parody and improvisation comedy show
- Oct. 24: Lloyd Spiegel, comes with a Backstage Pass
- Oct. 27: Video Phase
- Nov. 1: Motown Soul, starring the Tonettes and Grady Harrell of Paquette productions
- Nov. 2: Pigs, Canada’s Pink Floyd – Outside/In tour
- Nov. 3: George Canyon, Made In Canada
- Nov. 6: Abba Revisited, of Vaughnco entertainment
- Nov. 10: Menopause The Musical
- Nov. 14: Buddy Wasisname and the Other Fellers: The ‘Best Of’ tour
- Nov. 16: Ron James, Full Throttle!
- Nov. 23: Jimmy Rankin, Moving East tour 2018.