La Commission scolaire de langue française/French language school board logo
SUMMERSIDE – P.E.I.’s Chief Electoral Officer has calling for nominations for French Language School Board trustees.
Gary McLeod has called an election for May 26. There are nine trustee positions open to be filled.
Nomination papers are available from returning officers in each of the electoral zones.
Nomination papers, candidate qualifications and zone maps are also located on the Elections P.E.I. website at www.electionspei.ca. as well as the French Language School Board website at www.cslfipe.wordpress.com.
Nominations will be accepted until 4 p.m. on Friday, May 9.
The French Language School Board has a total of six electoral zones across the province. They are:
• Zone 1 (Évangéline Region) – three trustees;
• Zone 2 (West Prince) – one trustee;
• Zone 3 (East Prince) – one trustee;
• Zone 4 (North Shore) – one trustee;
• Zone 5 (Queens County to Eastern PE.I.) – two trustees;
• Zone 6 (Eastern P.E.I. - Souris ) – one trustee.
Further information regarding the election will be published after the close of nominations advising of poll locations on voting day.
Additional information may be obtained from the returning officers or from Elections P.E.I. at 902-368-5895, toll free 1-888-234-8683 or from www.electionspei.ca.