Two escape unharmed from mini-home fire

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

SOUTHWEST LOT 16 – A mini-home here was destroyed Thursday afternoon after a kerosene lamp being used for heat tipped over.

Two people escaped unharmed from a mini-home fire in South West Lot 16 west of Summerside on March 27.

Two people, including one in a wheelchair, and a dog escaped unharmed from the home on the Nebraska Road after it caught fire at about 3 p.m.

It took firefighters from Miscouche and Wellington following two snowplows nearly an hour to reach the rural home after Wednesday night’s blizzard left snowdrifts nearly as high as the fire trucks on Route 12 in the community just west of Summerside.

Fire officials at the scene said the home’s occupants had been without electricity for some time and were using the lamp for warmth.

More later

 

 

Geographic location: Nebraska Road, Miscouche, Summerside

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments