Slemon Park worker injured in snowblower accident

Journal Pioneer staff
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

SLEMON PARK- A Slemon Park employee was seriously injured Monday morning after his hand got caught in a snowblower.


Bill Reid, director of P.E.I. Occupational Health and Safety they are investigating the incident.

“It was a worker who was using a snowblower to clear snow this morning,” he said. “At this point I’m not sure how this accident happened and we’re still investigating that. There was a severe injury to his hand.”

Shawn McCarvill, president of Slemon Park, said the man has been employed at Slemon Park for 20 years.

“He was operating a snowblower,” he said. “He’s an experienced employee and had been here for over 20 years.

McCarvill said the man was scheduled for surgery on Monday.

Reid said with the onset of winter, everyone should be aware of the hazards of operating snow removal equipment.

“We are getting into that season,” he said. “Anytime anybody is using snowblowers, whether it’s at home or whether it’s commercial, anytime you have to either clear any snow obstruction or go near any rotating equipment, make sure that it is de-energized and use another tool to do it, not your hand.”

Reid said interviews are still ongoing and he hopes they will have the investigated completed in a few weeks.

Organizations: P.E.I. Occupational Health

Geographic location: Slemon Park

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page