BORDEN-CARLETON — Charges are pending in connection with the theft of cash from an East Prince Tim Hortons drive-thru last week.
East Prince RCMP confirmed Wednesday that an arrest was made, a male suspect has been questioned and charges would be laid within the week.
The theft occurred around 2 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 27, at the Tim Hortons drive-thru in Borden-Carleton.
Police say that a man apparently staked out the drive-thru window and waited for the employee to leave before walking up, reaching in and grabbing cash from the till.
About $200 was taken.
The suspect was captured on video surveillance.
East Prince RCMP Sgt. Paul Gagne said the incident is isolated and that similar drive-thru operations should not be concerned.
He noted there was a mechanical issue with the window prior to the theft, which allowed it to be opened from the outside.
Gagne said RCMP would issue a news release when charges are formally laid.