Fire strikes Tyne Valley store

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Blaze extinguished before getting out of control

TYNE VALLEY – A fire at Dillon’s Convenience Store in Tyne Valley is out.

A small fire erupted over the noonhour Friday, at Dillon's store in Tyne Valley.

The fire is believed to have started over the noonhour in the kitchen area of the business which houses both the store and a restaurant.

One person is being treated for what is believed to be smoke inhalation.

Fire officials are focusing their investigation on a stove and microwave that have been removed from the building.

Tyne Valley fire officials are reporting that there is smoke damage throughout the building, but the fire was extinguished before getting out of control.

The first firefighter on the scene was able to put out the blaze with a fire extinguisher.

Mutual aid from neighbouring fire departments in Lennox Island and Wellington were turned back before arriving.

More later

Geographic location: Tyne Valley, Lennox Island

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments