Marc Atiyolil column
The Designers: Michelle Pollock and Brenda Brix of AMR Design
The Holiday Theme: Modern
The Goal: Putting a modern twist on a traditional Holiday colour scheme.
The Look Created: They found this look by taking traditional Holiday themes and giving them a modern twist. The design pair also found the theme of typography and used of colour blocking. The usual Holiday colour scheme of red, white and green was made modern with hues such as lime green and bright red, as opposed to the deeper, traditional shades.
Their Styling Secret: When you are thinking about decorating, what says “Holiday” to you? Answer that and you’ll have a springboard for inspiration throughout your home.
- 12’ tree, Canadian Tire
- Round pearl Mirror, HomeSense
- Dubois Wall Mirror, Spin vases and candle holders, Doulder flatware, Harper dinnerware, Tour wine glasses, Tilt vase, Crate and Barrel
- Dining chair slip covers, Ikea
- Stag head treetopper, HomeSense
- Planters arranged by, Hypnotic Bloom
- Designed by, AMR Design
- Photography by April Scott
Canadian Home Trends Magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you’ve always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, and the best places to shop. Visit www.CanadianHomeTrends.com