July 30, 2014
Country Heart Concert
- Place : Alberton Arts & Heritage Center, 420 Church Street, Alberton
- Time : 19:30
- Details : Join us at the Alberton Arts and Heritage Centre, 420 Church Street, Alberton at 7:30 pm for an evening of entertainment and music by the band CountryHeart! This Weeks Special Guest is Wanda & JR Boylan!
CLIVE demonstration in Alberton
- Place : Alberton Community Centre
- Time : 19:00
- Contact : Dave Atkinson, email@example.com
- Details :
Dr. Adam Fenech, director of UPEI’s Climate Research Lab, is touring Prince Edward Island communities this July to give demonstrations of the CoastaL Impacts Visualization Environment tool, better known as CLIVE. Dr. Fenech will lead discussions about coastal erosion and sea-level rise, and the risk to homes, cottages, roads, and communities. See CLIVE at the Alberton Community Centre at 7 p.m., Wednesday, July 30. CLIVE allows users to manipulate a 3-D map of Prince Edward Island with a video game controller. It simulates erosion and sea-level rise over the next 90 years, and shows their impact on Prince Edward Island infrastructure. Attendees will be encouraged to share ideas about how we might best adapt to these conditions, and through CLIVE, view local areas that may be affected. The session will run for approximately one hour. Drinks and light snacks will be provided. The events are sponsored by the PEI Department of Environment, Labour, and Justice, and by the Climate Research Lab at the University of Prince Edward Island. For more information, visit upei.ca/climate.
- UPEI event
- August 2, 2014 - TOSH 1989 Reunion
- August 3, 2014 - St. Anthony's Parish Church Picnic
- August 3, 2014 - Cemetery Memorial Service
- August 9, 2014 - Legion Kitchen Party
- August 10, 2014 - Parish Picnic
- August 10, 2014 - 150th memorial service South Granville Presbyterian Church
- August 16, 2014 - Bruce Rainnie & Kendra McGillivray
- August 16, 2014 - Railway Day
- August 21, 2014 - Time Travel Thursday!
- August 23, 2014 - Art In The Open 2014